1. This Download Platform is operated by Ulverscroft Digital, a division of Ulverscroft Large Print Books Limited ( “We”, “Our”, or “Us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 1068776 and with Our registered office at The Green, Bradgate Road, Anstey, Leicester LE7 7FU. Our VAT number is GB 620 3102 12.
2. All digital content (“Content”) that is made available via the Download Platform and from Our websites (including any websites of Our group), whether downloaded direct from these websites or accessed from the websites of public libraries is protected under law including by the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 (as amended).
5. The Download Platform is provided “as is” and We do not guarantee that access to it will be uninterrupted or error-free. In particular We are not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, or any other loss or damage resulting from the transfer of data over communications networks, including the internet, or from any delay in or failure to the service as a result of Your hardware or software not being compatible with the Download Platform and/or the Content.
6. We may at any time suspend or cease Your access to the Download Platform and the Content (either generally or in relation to particular Content) if:
b. You breach, or We believe that You may breach, or continued access to any Content may breach, any intellectual property rights (including copyright) in relation to the Content;
c. You cease to be a registered user of the applicable library (or have a right to be such a registered user);
d. We believe that Your continued access to the Content and/or the Download Platform creates any security risk in relation to either;
e. The Content copyright owner asks us to; or
f. The applicable library’s subscription to the Download Platform and/or Content expires, is terminated, or is otherwise suspended.
7. If We suspend or cease Your access as provided in paragraph 6, You must immediately destroy or delete all Content which You have downloaded, unless We consent otherwise in writing.
8. If You provide Us with Your email address, We will use it to provide You with notifications from time to time relating to Your use of, and access to, the Content and the Download Platform.
9. Our agreement with the Content copyright owner allows You to use the Content only for Your personal, non-commercial use and You may copy, and transfer the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use only where permitted by the copyright owner and for the specified loan period.
11. You are not granted any synchronization, public performance, promotional use, commercial sale, resale, and reproduction or distribution rights in relation to the Content, and You must not access all of part of the Content in order to build a product or service which competes with the Content or the Download Platform.
14. Though You may access the Download Platform via a library website, We are not responsible for the content of the library’s website, only for the content of the Download Platform and other websites belonging to Us or Our group.